Welcome to the Family Resource Center
serving the Barnum & Waltersville Schools!
Our center offers a variety of services: Parents as Teachers, Adult Education, Family Support, Referral Services and MORE!
The Connecticut Family Resource Center concept promotes comprehensive, integrated, community-based systems of family support and child development services located in public school buildings.
Family Resource Centers provide access, within a community, to a broad continuum of early childhood and family support services which foster the optimal development of children and families.
They offer parent education and training; family support; preschool and school-age child care; teen pregnancy prevention (positive youth development services); and family day-care provider training.
Family Resource Centers Provide:
- Quality Child Care
- Physical Accessibility in public schools
- Hours of operation consistent with family schedules
- Family support and child care services administered by school/community-based agencies collaborating with schools
Introduction to Technology Classes
- Computer and Internet Access
- Child Care—School Readiness
- Pre-School Back Pack Take Home Program
- Lending Library
- Pre-School Literacy & Computer Camps
Parents as Teachers Training
- Parenting Workshops
- Leadership in Education Parents Training
- Nutrition Program
- Advocacy & Mental Health
Informal Child Care Providers Training
- Resource Materials
- CPR & Child First Aid Certificate
- Assistance with State Licensing
Math & Book Clubs
- School Age School Recess & Summer Program
- Educational Field Trips
Information & Referrals
- Community Resources on Site Presentations
- Emergency Food Pantry
- Transportation Assistance to FRC Activities